When applications become available (generally late Feb), all Local Scholarship Applications are housed in the guidance office. They are located in the college information cabinet located in the main guidance office.
Make sure to find us on facebook or twitter to stay up-to-date on scholarships as they become available.
Facebook: Valdosta Counseling Guidance
COMPLETE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP LIST
* All scholarships are subject to change. No scholarship is guaranteed on a year to year basis. Make sure to keep coming back or check the guidance office file for updates on when the applications are available and deadlines.
Debra Mashburn Memorial Scholarship Fund mail
- Senior planning to attend college to study the social services/counseling field. Financial need considered. References, essay and transcript required. Application available in the guidance office. Award amount: $1000.00
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity- 1914 Scholarship mail
Must live within 60 miles of Valdosta area; essay, tanscript and recommendations
required. Application available in the guidance office.
Three award amounts: $1000, $500 & $414.
Lewis Cenker Scholarship Fund Ms. Gaskins
-Seniors interested in a career in building, construction, or architecture.
Must be planning to attend college or technical school in Fall
Doug Henderson III Memorial Fund Scholarship mail
Must submit high school transcript, SAT/ACT scores and photo.
Focus is on high school athletes and band members.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Ms. Gaskins
-Seniors must enter a 4 year college in the fall, GPA 3.0 or higher, SAT/ACT scores considered. Essay required along with 3 letters of reference.
Award amount: $1000.00
Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. Ms. Gaskins
Distinction of Young Women Scholarship
-Cumulative GPA 3.3 ; Awarded to a graduating senior that plans to attend
college in the Fall. Recommendations, Essay, Transcript, Community Service.
Award amount: $750.00
Claydon Hayward Barron Memorial Ms. Gaskins
- Must be a graduating VHS senior; must maintain a 3.0 GPA; references and short essay required
Award amount: $500.00 **Can be renewed for 4 consecutive years.
Alpha Phi Alpha Ms. Gaskins
-Seniors who plan to attend college in the fall; letters of recommendation and transcript required.
James D. Eunice Scholarship Fund mail
- Minimum GPA of 2.5, SAT/ACT and transcripts required. Must be a graduating senior attending college in the Fall. Scholarship based on academics, leadership, extracurricular activities, character, community service and financial need.
100 Black Men of Valdosta mail
-Must be a high school senior with community service hours (40) required; Essay, transcript, resume and references required.
Azalea Pinochle Club Ms. Gaskins
- Female student that plans to enter college in the fall. Based on academics, need and character. Student must write a letter to the club stating WHY she should be the scholarship recipient and how she plans to use the money and her degree from college.
Scholarships for Military Children Program base commissary
-Must be a military dependent (children or spouse);
essay, transcript, and sponsor required. Application must be returned to the local
Josiah Outreach Initiative Scholarships mail
Mack Hill Memorial Scholarship- Male graduating from Valdosta area high school; Jettie B. Jones Memorial Scholarship- Female grad from Valdosta area high school; High school transcript needed, 150 word typed essay, two letters of recommendation, copy of college acceptance letter. Award Amt: $250 each
R. Wayne Bubba Alexander Jr. Memorial mail
- Must be planning to attend college in the Fall and demonstrate financial need.
Recommendations, transcripts and essay required. Amount: $1000.00
Applications in guidance or at www.bascholarship.org
AMVets Post 607 Ms. Gaskins
-Must be a son/daughter of a member of AMVETS post 607; son/daughter of a deceased member of AMVETS post 607; grandchild of a member or deceased member of AMVETS post 607; niece/nephew of member who is /was in good standing of AMVETS post 607; if no applications apply who meet above criteria, then the recipient will be chosen from the next best applications. Transcript, letter of recommendation and brief essay required. Award amount: $1000.00
ERCO Worldwide Ms. Gaskins
-Open to ALL college bound seniors. GPA considered. Short 100 word essay required. Award amount: $1000.00
Kenneth Jerome Rose Trust Fund Ms. Gaskins
-Must be a VHS senior; must be a varsity athlete, band member or chorus
member; have a recommendation from applicant’s coach, band or chorus director; letter of recommendations and personal statement/essay required.
Award amount: 3 scholarships for 2010 at $1000 each
Valdosta/ Lowndes Retired Educators Assoc. Ms. Gaskins
-Must be a graduating senior who plans to major in education; SAT/ACT scores, references and essay required. Award amount: $500.00
Southeastern Federal Credit Union mail
- Parent and/or student must be a member of the credit union. Essay and transcript required. Award amount: $500.00
Mediacom Scholarship Program Ms. Gaskins
Scholarship given on the basis of GPA(3.0), leadership and financial need. High school transcript, one letter of recommendation from a teacher, and a very short essay are required.
Ronnie Martin Scholarship Ms. Gaskins
-Must be a female senor who is planning to attend VSU in the fall; transcript and letter of recommendation required. Award amount: $250.00
Valdosta Mortgage Association
- Must be a senior who plans to major in business. There is no formal application but you do need to see Ms. Gaskins.
Valdosta Elk’s Lodge #728 (Virginia Prince Memorial) Ms. Gaskins
- Scholarship for a VHS graduating senior. GPA, class ranking, SAT/ACT score, family income, leadership and extracurricular activities all considered. Short essay (100 words) and teacher recommendation required.
Award amount: $1000.00
Black Student League’s Legacy Award- VSU Ms. Gaskins
-Must be a senior who plans to attend VSU full time starting in the fall. Must be classified as African American, Asian Pacific Islander American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, or Hispanic American. Essay and recommendation required. Award amount: $500.00
ASU Book Scholarship Ms. Gaskins/ Ms. Marable
For those seniors attending ASU in Fall; 2.5 GPA, essay required
Award amount: $300
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc mail
Female Empowerment Scholarship
Open to all college-bound female high school seniors attending Valdosta and Lowndes High schools that plan to enter college in Fall. 800-1000 Essay required. Award amount: $250
Delta Kappa Gamma Society mail
Scholarship for a graduating female senior planning to enroll in the Fall.
Student must be planning to attend a four year college and pursuing a degree
in education. Letters of reference, essay and official transcript required.
No categories found
There are no files available for any categories.